Dr P Naga Sowjanya is the Head of Department of Civil Engineering. She has the vision to make the department contemporary to the needs of 21st-century education, research, and industry. However, she aims to be strongly grounded in fundamentals, principles, and basically with common sense as a baseline.
B.Tech., Civil Engineering, N.B.K.R.I.S.T, S. V. University
M.Tech., Remote Sensing & Geographical Information System , NIT Warangal, Warangal.
Ph.D ., Civil Engineering, NIT Warangal, Warangal.
Total 13 years of Experience
About 8 years of Teaching Experience
Research Experience of 5 years.
Dr P Naga Sowjanya has taught subjects such as Surveying, Environmental Engineering, Materials of Construction, Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Water Resources Engineering.
Dr P Naga Sowjanya has Published over 13 papers in various international and national journals and also in international and national conferences.
Climate Change, Water Resources, Hydrological Modelling and Urban Modelling.
Convener for the two day International Conference in Emerging Trends in Civil Engineering
NCE-ICETCE-2K23, NCE-ICETCE-2K22 and NCE-ICETCE-2K21.
A Three Day Faculty Development Program on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering conducted at Geethanjali Institute of Science and Technology, Nellore during 10-12 June 2020.
A one day online Live Webinar on “ WATER HAMMER / HYDRAULICS SURGE ANALYSIS” on 4 th June 2020 at Geethanjali Institute of Science and Technology, Nellore
- Inti Jagan, Pongunuru Naga Sowjanya, Kanta Naga Rajesh,”A review on alternatives to sand replacement and its effect on concrete properties”, Materials Today:Proceedings, 2023, ISSN2214-7853, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2023.03.332.
- Naga Sowjanya, P. Keesara, V.R.;Mesapam, S.Das, J.; Sridhar, V. “Climate Change Impacts on Streamflow in the Krishna River Basin, India: Uncertainty and Multi-Site Analysis”. Climate 2022, 10, 190. https://doi.org/10.3390/cli10120190.
- Tirupathi Chanapathi, Shashidhar Thatikonda, K Venkata Reddy and P Naga Sowjanya “Assessment of water resources and crop yield under future climate scenarios: A case study in a Warangal district of Telangana, India “, Journal of Earth System and Sciences
- Naga Sowjanya, P., Venkata Reddy, K and Shashi, M., “Intra and Inter Annual Streamflow variations of a Watershed under changing climate”, ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 1-12
- Naga Sowjanya, P., Venkata Reddy, K and Shashi, M.,” Spatial and Temporal variations of climate variables over a River Basin”, Journal of Rural Development Volume:37 Issue 2, April-June (BEST PAPER AWARD)
- Naga Sowjanya, P., Venkata Reddy, K and Shashi, M.,”Climate change effect on Water resources using Climate Model Data an River basin”, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology Volume: 04 Special Issue: 11, 150-
- Venkata Reddy, K., Naga Sowjanya, P., “Mapping and Analysis of slum areas of a city using Remote Sensing & GIS Techniques” International Conference MRSS – 2010, 28-29 April 2010, PWTC, Malaysia.
- Naga Sowjanya, P., Venkata Reddy, K and Shashi, M., “Effect of Estimated Runoff under changing climate on Regional Watershed”, International Conference on Modelling Tools for Sustainable Water Resources Management, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad: 28- 29 December 2014.
- Venkata Reddy, , Sri Lakshmi Sesha Vani Jayanthi., Tharani Kotrike., Naga Sowjanya ,P., “ Geospatial Modelling tool for climate data retrieval”, International Conference on Climate Change Innovation and Resilience for Sustainable Livelihood, 12 – 14 January 2015, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Hema, N., Naga Sowjanya, P., Venkata Reddy,K., “Downscaling of climate data using Nesting technique”, Geo-informatics Applications in Natural Resource Management”, at NIRD Hyderabad, March 18-19th,2016.
- P.J., Naga Sowjanya, P.,Venkata Reddy, K., “Climate Change Adaptation for a Watershed using Hydrological model SWAT”, X International Geographical Union, Conference on Urbanization, Health and Wellbeing and Sustainable Development Goals, 17-19 March 2017, Osmania University Hyderabad.
- Hema, N., Naga Sowjanya,P., Venkata Reddy,K., “Weather research forecast model based Dynamic downscaling of climate data for Indian regions”, National Symposium on Geomatics for Digital India, ISG- Jaipur Chapter(2015) December 16-18, 2015, Jaipur.
- Sampath K., Naga Sowjanya,P., DevaPratap., Venkata Reddy,K., “Hydrological Modelling and Analysis using Open Source Software” FOSS4G – ASIA, 26-29 January 2017. IIIT Hyderabad.