Dr B.Dhanalakshmi is the Librarian. She has completed Ph.D in the year 2019 at 'Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaja Nagpur University, Maharashtra' with title User services and their effectiveness in engineering college Libraries of Andhra Pradesh.
She has 23 years ofexperience and worked in different colleges. Her areas of interests are self-assessment of librarians & staff and creating the user awareness to utilize the resources effectively. She has published more than 12 research articles in National and international journals.
Her vision is to have a Challenging Position within a progressive environment with opportunities of professional growth based on performance and accomplishments and to provide remote access for accessing the resources of the library. She has the membership in Andhra Pradesh public Library association and life membership in LISA Academy, Banglore.
Contact : 08647-239915
Email : email@example.com
Our Vision is to make Central Library a referral library for the present and future generation of students and scholars.
The Mission of Central Library is to support the academic and research needs of the students and staff of NEC, and improve the quality of technical education by bringing it at par with the IITs and IIMs. For this, we provide the reading materials, research materials, electronic resources and much more.
- To procure reading materials such as monographs, reference books to meet the academic and research needs of the users
- To subscribe and procure the research materials such as peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings both international and national
- To subscribe the electronic databases such as e-journals and e-books from various publishers
- To respond quickly to the user needs
- The Central Library requires all students to produce their respective identity cards issued by the college while entering the library premises
- Transactions are handled only on working days
- Maintaining silence in the library is a prerequisite
- Members shall not bring personal belongings and library books which are issued to them to the library
- The students are required to handle the issued books responsibly and are expected to return them on time
- Members shall not write upon, damage any book that belongs to Central Library
The NEC Library System consists of a Central Library and six other departmental libraries that collectively support the teaching, research and extension programs of the institute. All students, faculty members, and employees of the institute are entitled to avail the facilities of the library after enrolling themselves for a membership. The Central Library has a collection of 56,340 books with 7,318 titles on Engineering, Science, Humanities and Management.
NEC Central Library is the institutional member of AICTE – INDEST consortium, ASME, ASCE, DELNET. We have access to all the IEL, ASME, ASCE, DELNET and IEEE Journals, and magazines.
Our Central Library Catalogue is digitized with exclusive access to online journals in abundance. Moreover, the library provides a 24 hours Internet surfing facility with a bandwidth of 10 Mbps.
- Current periodicals
- Back volumes
- Project reports
- CD-ROMs and online journals
The Library has its own sub-LAN with 40 terminals. Central Library is also an institutional member of AICTE – INDEST consortium, ASME, ASCE and DELNET. We are entitled to access all IEL, ASME, ASCE, DELNET and IEEE Journals, transactions, conference proceedings, standards and magazines.
NEC Central Library has 1,110 video courses developed under the NPTEL program. The Central Library provides Digital Library services such as online journals/magazines, open-access journals, subject and magazine compact discs, and fast Internet connectivity to students and faculty.
The digital library provides video lessons for 110 core engineering subjects to the students on demand. The following Digital facilities are available in central library:
- AICTE-INDEST consortium IEL and IEEE journals, magazines, conference proceedings and standards
- Open source journals
- 500 free online journals
- 1,110 video courses under the NPTEL program
- 2,000 Textbook CDs
- 500+ E-books through DELNET
- Internet facility with 40 systems