We have on-campus accommodation facility available for our students. There are separate hostels buildings for boys and girls, and the girls’ hostels are located inside the campus premises. Spacious, well-ventilated, tidy and hygienic rooms make our hostels a perfect second home for all of our students. Our hostels can accommodate more than 500 students comfortably.
All the hostel buildings also have a recreation hall, gym and game room with a variety of indoor games for the students. The girls’ hostels have special 24X7 security and only female visitors are allowed to visit inside the hostel premises. The wardens maintain a visitor register to keep the track record of the visitors in all the hostels.
The rooms in all the hostels are fully furnished and have 24X7 Wi-Fi internet connectivity. The laundry facility is also made available for all the students on nominal charges.
RULES AND PROCEDURES IN BOYS & GIRLS HOSTEL
- Application for admission to the Hostel must be made in the prescribed form, which is available in the Hostel office.
- Accommodation would be provided only after paying the requisite fees as decided by the college from time to time.
- All charges and rents prescribed in the application form or any other documents are subject to change as per the decision of the Institute authorities without prior notice.
- Once the prescribed fee is been paid within the due date, then the student becomes the occupant of the hostel.
- No student will be allowed to stay in the Hostel without formal admission. The Hostel administration has the right to refuse admission to any one and/or withdraw permission already granted, if it is found that he/she has submitted incorrect information.
- At the time of admission every student has to submit a written undertaking in the prescribed form, countersigned by his/her parent/guardian, to the extent that she would abide by the rules and regulations of the Hostel.
- At the time of admission of a student into the Hostel and at the beginning of every year, each resident is required to submit a duly filled in prescribed Personal Data Form, containing the current address, mobile and/or the telephone number and the e-mail address of the parents/guardian. Any change in this information at any point of time has to be intimated to the Hostel office in writing.
- The Hostel Management will generally provide a minimum set of furniture and fittings in each room, consisting of a cot for each inmate as well as table, ceiling fan with regulator and reasonable light fitting.
- Students suffering from contagious disease will not be allowed to stay at hostel. Decision of the Warden in this regard will be final and binding.
- Students must occupy the respective room allotted to them.
- Rooms once allotted to the students for an academic year will not be changed except under special situations.
- Under no circumstances the inmates should exchange rooms without the knowledge of the Hostel warden.
- Inmates shall respect the equal rights of their roommates
- All the residents of hostels must register their attendance daily at specified timings in the installed biometric devices.
- Residents of hostels are not allowed to stay in hostel during college hours and in case of sickness etc, prior written permission must be taken from Incharge of Hostel.
- Any visitor is allowed enter into the Hostel up to the visitors’ room only. All visitors to the Hostel including the parents/guardians will have to make necessary entries in the Visitors’ Book available at the Hostel entrance with the security guards.
- The visit of male students to the Girl's Hostel and vice versa is strictly prohibited.
- Violation of this rule will lead to severe penalty and punishment as decided by the Hostel and Institute Authorities.
- Any visitor found inside the hostels after 6.00 P.M shall be sent out by the security,and the hosteller permitting such unauthorized guest will be penalised.
USE OF APPLIANCES
- The use of electrical / electro-mechanical equipments, gadgets, appliances, such as electric stove/heaters/refrigerator/infrared cooker/electric iron are forbidden in any of the rooms allotted to the residents.
- Private cooking in the rooms or anywhere in the Hostel is strictly forbidden. Any such appliance found in a Hostel room will be confiscated and a fine will be imposed.
- The use of audio systems which may cause inconvenience to the roommates or other inmates is not allowed.
- The use of personal T.V, VCR, and VCD/DVD is prohibited.
- The students should not hire objectionable CDs from outside.
- When the students go out of their rooms they should switch off all the fans, lights etc., and keep it locked(at all the times). Violation will attract suitable penalty and punishment by the authorities.
- Discipline should be strictly maintained in the dining hall.
- Day Scholars cannot be entertained as guests in the mess on a regular basis.
- Food will not be served in rooms and the inmates are not supposed to take food from the dining hall to their rooms. If an inmate is ill, it should be intimated to the hostel management and they will make suitable arrangements for her food.
- Wasting food is a social crime. For the first offence of wasting food by a boarder, warning will be issued to her/him. If the offence is committed for the second time a suitable fine will be imposed on her/him.
- Every resident must pay the mess bill by the due date announced by the warden. Receipts in respect of payments of mess bills must be preserved till the end of the under graduate programme and produced in original whenever required by the warden or any other authorized officials.
- A resident shall strictly keep to the timings set down for meals.
ROOM MAINTENANCE AND CLEANINESS
- It is the responsibility of the warden to look after and take care of the general maintenance and cleanliness of the Hostel premises.
- Sudden visits at any time will be made by the warden. If room maintenance is found not good and uncleanness a fine of amount Rs 500/- will be levied on each resident in the room irrespective of their explanations.
- Fixing posters and pictures or writing on the common walls and disfiguring the walls of the roomare strictly prohibited.
- The residents shall not have any guests living in their rooms without prior permission of the warden.
- Garbage and wastage only be put at garbage box available nearby Rooms/hostel premises.
- No function or celebration shall be organized at hostel premises or in rooms except with the permission of the Warden.
- Ragging in any form is banned. Severe punishment, including expulsion from the Hostel and the Institute, shall be imposed on any resident if she is found to have indulged in ragging.
- Any resident, for that matter any person / student, if are witnesses to an incident of ragging, must report the same immediately to the Hostel Authorities and/or Institute Authorities. Failure to do so shall be considered as a serious offence and shall be dealt with at par with the perpetrators of ragging.
MATTERS RELATED TO TIMING AND ABSENCE FROM HOSTELS
- Students should be present within the Hostel premises between 5:00 PM to 8.30 AM.
- No student is permitted to stay outside the Hostel during this time without the written permission of the Warden. Violation of this rule will invite strict disciplinary action on her/him.
- Except during vacations, residents shall be allowed to go home only if there is a written request for the same from self /parent/guardian citing genuine grounds and consented by Head of the department/programme coordinator/student counsellor she belongs.
- If any second/third year student needs permission for coaching outside the institute like GRE/TOFEL/CAT/GATE should submit a letter by their parents personally to the hostel warden. No permission will be given through phones.
- If any hosteller goes outside the college campus without any prior information to the hostel management during/after college timingshostel registration will be cancelled immediately and disciplinary action will be taken on her/him by the Institute.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Silence must be observed in the Hostel premises. All unnecessary noises must be avoided.
- Hostelites are required to avoid singing aloud, shouting and making any type of noise to distract the attention of those who may be at their books or the neighbours or visitors.
- No commercial or any other activity shall be permitted in the hostels.
- All residents are required to produce, whenever asked, their valid identity cards (i.e College and Hostel ID cards) issued to them by the Institute.
- Duplicate Hostel ID Card will be issued with a fine of Rs.200.
- A room is allotted to a student on her/his personal responsibility. She must take care of the cleanliness and maintenance of her room.
- Residents must also take care of the Hostel and its environment.
- The resident of a room is responsible for any damage to the property in the room during her/his occupancy or at the time of vacating the room. If any furniture or fixture under the responsibility of the resident is found to be damaged or broken, the Hostel Management shall take strict disciplinary action.
- The resident shall not move any furniture from its allotted place. If there is any additional item in a room other than those belonging to the Hostel, the occupant of the room shall hand it over to the Hostel staff, failing which she will be charged a penal rent as decided by the Hostel Management.
- In the Hostel premises the following acts are strictly prohibited:
- Consumption of drugs • Gambling • Intimidation or violence • Wilful damage to property • Entering the Hostel premises in an intoxicated state • Using abusive languages Employing unauthorized persons for personal work such as washing clothes, repair of Hostel property, etc. • Cooking in the room or on the Hostel premises • Using two-wheelers and/or motor vehicles of any kind
- If any boarder feels aggrieved on any matter concerning running of the Hostel room or it’s Mess, she may approach the incharge or hostel warden in writing for help, guidance and/or redressal of the grievance. Depending on the nature of the grievance, the hostel management may refer the case to the Institute Grievance Cell for further action.
RIGHTS OF HOSTEL MANAGEMENT
- The Hostel management reserves the right to initiate amendment of the rules and regulations stated hereinbefore from time to time as felt necessary. The inmates shall be informed of any amendment becoming effective through circulars displayed on the Hostel notice boards.
- In case of any dispute or any grievance not being satisfactorily taken care of, a boarder may make an appeal to the Principal of the Institute through the Warden for redressal. The decision of the Principal on the matter shall be considered as final and binding.
INCHARGES & WARDENS
|In charge – Girls Hostel||Mrs. M. Sireesha||9492468445|
|In charge -Boys Hostel||Mr. Sk. Md. Shareef||9849649445|
|Warden – Girls Hostel||1. Mrs. R.Komali||9618547484|
|2. Mrs. M.RajaRajeswari|
|Warden – Boys Hostel||1. Mr. V.Subramanyam||9652856846|
|2. Mr.M. Koteswararao|
|Sl.No.||Dept.||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Mobile No.|
|1||CE||Mr.K. ANIL KUMAR||Asst. Professor||9505165951|
|2||EEE||Mr. SK.MD.SHAREEF||Assoc. Professor||9849649445|
|5||ECE||Mrs. J. PALLAVI (Girls Hostel)||Asst. Professor||9502188683|
|6||CSE||Mr.K.NITHALESHWAR RAO||Asst. Professor||9912724859|
The mess facilities in all the hostels are designed to meet the international hygiene standards, and we pay special attention to make sure that the students are getting a wholesome and healthy diet.
We have our own RO mineral water plant that operates within the campus, and all the buildings within the campus premises, including hostels, have adequate 24X7 drinking water supply.