The Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) of Narasaraopeta Engineering College has started in the year 1998 with an intake of 40 and subsequently increased to 240 in the year 2012.
B.Tech (CSE(AI )) with 60 seats has started from AY 2020-21.
Department has started a post-graduation course M.Tech(CSE) with an intake of 18 in the year 2006.
UG program B. Tech. (CSE) is accredited thrice by NBA i.e., in 2009(3yrs) , 2013(3yrs) and 2017(3yrs) extended up to 30th June, 2021.
The College is also accredited by NAAC with A-Grade.
The department is certified by ISO 9001:2015.
The Department is Recognized as Research Centre by JNTUK, KAKINADA in 2016-17.
- Has Microsoft Innovation Centre where students developed 500+ Mobile apps and placed in appstore and also had Ed-vantage Platinum partnership.
- Has Incubation Centre where students are encouraged to implement their ideas and to inculcate entrepreneurial skills
- Has been conducting several Technical events and competitions in association with ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education) Student Chapter and CSI( Computer Society of India) Student Branch.
- Has MOUs with various Industries and Seminars, workshops on latest technologies are being conducted through those to make students Industry ready.
- Has Excellent infrastructural support .
- Has Committed and dedicated faculty members.
- Funded Conferences/FDPs by AICTE.
- Conducted International conferences NECICC- 2K13, NECICC- 2K14, NECICC- 2K15, NECICC- 2K16, ICMCCCE-18, NEC-ICAIEA-2K20, NEC- ICAIEA-2K21.
- Regularly conducts AICTE funded FDPs/STTPs
The department impart students with superior education in Information Technology and prepare them for a lucrative future in the growth-oriented IT industry. The department is trying to bridge the gap between the industry and academia by designing the curriculum with latest practical oriented subjects.
The department is equipped with most-modern, spacious and fully air-conditioned computer labs where students can nurture their skills. The facilities in the labs include personal computers with the most recent processors which are connected to the internet. The labs have been equipped with all the authentic software applications. All the labs are also established with multimedia facility.
Every classroom and lab is furnished with an LCD projector and UPS for uninterrupted use during power cuts. TThe department has been so structured, in terms of experienced staff and excellent laboratory facilities, as to equip the students with knowledge of cutting edge technologies and give them adequate hands-on experience through laboratory work, innovative projects in Industry and Research Establishments, seminars/workshops and so on.
Library is an important component of any educational institution. Any amount spent on its establishment, development and expansion will be fully rewarded by the knowledge advancement of the academic community. The Department Library has large collection of books, theses, journals, as well as NPTEL CDs, DVDs etc.
The department motivates faculty members to do their research work and assistance is provided by the college. The department has included mini projects in the curriculum to improve the practical skills of the students.
- Research Publications:
- 155 SCI/ Scopus Indexed papers were published in reputed International Journals during the academic years 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21 by the Dept. faculty members.
- 100 Papers were published in International Conferences by the Dept. faculty members.
- FDPS/ Workshops/Seminars Attended:
- Faculty attended minimum 3 FDPS per year to enrich their technical skills.
- All the faculty in the department used to complete atleast 5 MOOC (NPTEL/Corsera/Sololearn/Edx etc.) certifications in their interested courses every year.
- B. Jhansi Vzaram, Professor of CSE, is a member of Board of Studies (BOS) (R20), JNTUK, for the UG programs ( B. Tech. – (i) Cyber Security, (ii) Internet of Things and Cyber Security including Blockchain Technology, (iii) Computer Science and Business System, (iv) Computer Science & Technology (v) IOT).
- 5 Patents were granted to Dr. SVN Srinivasu, Professor of CSE
- 18 patents were published by 10 faculty members of the department
- Books Authored:
- 24 Faculty members have authored different Computer Science related Text Books.
- Faculty has submitted 3 AICTE RPS proposals and 2 DST CRG proposals, evaluation completed and waiting for results.
- D Awarded while working in the Institution:
- K. Lakshminadh awarded by JNTUK in JUNE 2017.
- S. Sivanageswara Rao awarded by JNTUK in JULY 2017.
- GLN Jayaprada, awarded by Acharya Nagarjuna University in March, 2021.
- SVN Sreenivasu received award of excellence in research by Novel Research Academy on 14/8/2021.
- D Guided while working in the Institution:
|NAME OF FACULTY||Ph.D. Awarded||Ph.D. Guiding|
|Dr. SVN Sreenivasu||10||3|
|Dr. S.N. Thirumala Rao||1||5|
|Dr. G. Syam Prasad||–||4|
- Funded Programs
|Funding Agency||Name of Workshop||Durations/A.Y||Co-ordinator||Amount(RS)|
|ATAL||Cyber Security||8th-12th Feb, 2021||Dr. B. Jhansi Vazram||93,000|
|ATAL||AR and VR||4th-8th Jan, 2021||Dr. SVN Sreenivasu||93,000|
|AICTE STTP(3 online series)||Deep Learning for Computer Vision Medical Applications||16th- 21st Nov, 30th Nov – 5th Dec 202022nd -27th Mar, 2021||Dr. SVN Sreenivasu||3,11,677|
|AICTESTTP||Statistics with R Programming||24th -29th June, 2019.||Dr. S.N. Thirumala Rao||3,23,000|
|AICTE||PMKVY||2018-19, 2017-18||Dr. S.N. Thirumala Rao||45,39,950|
|ICT Academy- MNIT||6 FDPs||18-1919-20||Dr. SVN Sreenivasu||5,27, 800|
- Akhila of 17 Batch secured highest package of 8.33L per annum in the college
- 5 Students went to Stand ford University under University Innovation Fellowship
- 72 research papers were published in International journals and conferences by 2016-20, 2017-21 passed out students ( Autonomous Batches) as part of their project work.
- Several Windows/ Android Apps were developed by our students.
- Several Machine Learning/ Deep Learning Projects were developed by our students.
- 100 NPTEL certifications earned by our students
- 172 students completed Udacity Nano degree on “Android”, Front End Technologies” & “Full Stack Web development using python”
- 100 Students got 1st (First) rank in Hacker Ranker (Python) Competition.
- 807 Coursera certifications earned by our students in the AY 2019-2020.
- 1432 Sololearn certifications earned by our students
- 80 students have joined MS in abroad for higher studies
- 4 Teams were selected for grand finale of Smart India Hackathon (SIH-2017 & SIH-2018) a 36 hour nonstop coding contest.
- 3 students in AY 2019 -20 and 2 students in AY 2017-18 undergone University Innovation Fellowship(UIF) program at Stanford University, USA.
- 28,35 and 30 students undergone Internships at various MNCs during the academic years 2018-19, 2019-20 1nd 2020-21 respectively.
Goals of the Department
- To include ethical, moral and value based education system in the institution.
- To improve the students’ Academic performances to achieve 100% results.
- To improve the percentage of campus placements and higher education.
- To develop domain specific expertise amongst department faculty
- To conduct workshops and conferences for students and faculty on advanced technologies.
- To develop product development facilities in the department
- To develop International leaders in Technology
- To encourage faculty to indulge in research activities
- To develop R&D centre in the Department
- To emerge as a centre of excellence and ultimately become a deemed university.
- To encourage the self-learning students are motivated to do MOOCs courses.
|Mr. M. Venkata Rama Krishna Teja (2005-2009) selected as an IAS officer in the year 2015.
Now he is Director, Kerala Tourism, Kerala.
|Dr.Ch.Rupa ((1998-2000) is working as a Professor of CSE at VR Siddhardha Engineering College in Vijayawada has recently completed her Post Doctoral Fellowship(PDF) from University of Linclon and Kebangsaan, Malaysia.|
|University topper P. Ravi Teja of our department received Gold Medal from JNTUK during the III convocation of JNTUK on 20th June 2013. Now he is working as Senior Consultant, Deloitte USI.|
|G.Saisarath Babu (11471A0508), CEO, JNTUK Fast Updates|
|V. Chandra Sekhar (00471A0511), Project Manager, Expedia, Delhi.|