- ECE department has several laboratories, including a computer lab for academic needs of undergraduate, postgraduate, and research & development students.
- All labs are equipped with the standard apparatus and software to facilitate students to carry out R&D projects.
- The labs can accommodate 39 students per session at a time.
The Department of ECE has the following laboratories:
Electronic Devices & Circuits Lab
- Students conduct experiments on the characteristics of various semiconductor devices like diodes, BJTs, UJT, FETs, DIACs, TRIACs, and more.
- Students handle equipment such as CROs, function generators, regulated power supplies, multimeters, breadboard trainers, ammeters, voltmeters, trainer kits, etc.
Pulse & Digital Circuits Lab
- Students measure the performance of different linear and non-linear wave-shaping circuits and digital circuits using 74xx series of ICs.
- Students work with CROs, function generators, regulated power supplies, multimeters, breadboard trainers, ammeters, voltmeters, trainer kits, etc.
- Students get hands-on-experience on various analogue modulation techniques such as AM, FM, PM and detection methods.
- Students get hands-on-experience on various digital modulation techniques such as ASK, FSK, PSK, QPSK, PCM, and DPCM.
- Students study the designing of different communication circuits.
- Equipment available include analogue and digital communication lab trainer kits, function generators, RF signal generators, power supplies, digital storage oscilloscopes, spectrum analyser, etc.
Electronic Computer-Aided Design Lab
- Students measure the frequency-response of amplifiers and oscillator circuits, and rectifiers using Multisim software, microprocessor programming using TASM, and HDL programming using Active HDL and XILINX.
- Students also study digital signal processing concepts using MATLAB.
Linear IC Applications Lab
- Students gain hands-on experience on applications such as linear and digital integrated circuits using LM555, LM741, 723 integrated circuits.
- The major equipment includes linear IC trainers, digital IC trainers, oscilloscopes, function generators, breadboard trainers, regulated power supplies, IC tester, etc.
Microprocessors & Microcontrollers Lab
- Students train in microprocessors, microcontrollers and interfacing peripherals programming concepts.
- Equipment available includes microprocessor kits, microcontroller kits, interfacing modules, breadboard trainers, regulated power supplies, CROs etc.
Microwave & Optical Communication Lab
- Students conduct experiments on optical fibres and microwave bench.
- Equipment available includes microwave benches, optical fibre trainer kits, digital storage oscilloscopes, LASER diode trainer, and LED characteristics.